One of the best appetizers in the world, not only because it taste good it’s because Bruschetta opens your appetite and leaves your taste buds wanting more. This is why most Italian restaurants serve Bruschetta as soon as their guests are seated.
The sweet tomatoes paired with fresh basil is a powerful and beautiful mix. There are many versions of bruschetta.. This recipe is easy to make and delicious!
The secret of making a great bruschetta dish is not what you put in, it’s actually the tomato you use. The restaurant I worked in Italy used plum tomatoes and sometimes San Marzano mini tomatoes. When you buy your plum tomatoes feel them and make sure they are not too soft nor too ripe.
Bruschetta With Kalamata Olives Recipe Ingredients
|Cookware Needed For This Recipe|
|Ingredients For This Recipe|
How To Make This Bruschetta Recipe
1. Slice 6 plum tomatoes in small cubes and put them in a small bowl. Add a 1/4 cup of extra light olive oil (You can use extra virgin olive oil but I prefer extra light). Then chop 1 clove of garlic in small pieces or 2 if you are a big garlic fan and put them in the bowl with the olive oil and tomatoes.
2. Add 4 leaves of chopped basil and add one pinch of parsley flakes and 2 pinches of salt.
3. Sprinkle a little lemon and mix slowly with a spoon or spatula and taste if there’s the right amount of salt. Now the bruschetta is done and it’s time to prepare the bruschetta bread.
4. Take 8 slices of sliced Italian bread and toast them in the toaster until they are light brown then let them settle for at least 1 hour. You want the bread to be hard so it’s crunchy. Then cut each slice of bread in 2 or 3 pieces.
Note: It is best to pour the bruschetta right before you serve it otherwise the oil will make the bread soggy.
5. Right before you serve the bruschetta pour the desired bruschetta mix on the toasted bread and put a slice of Kalamata olive on the bruschetta… Enjoy a great appetizer!
If there’s left over bruschetta put the slice of lemon in it and cover it with plastic wrap.. The lemon will keep the tomatoes fresh for the next day or two.