Spaghetti with pesto is a traditional Italian fresh and fragrant recipe. They have Ligurian origins and are perfect on hot summer days. A dish that can be served on any occasion and sure to please your visitors. You can read more on the history of Pesto Sauce here.
– Spaghetti 360g
– ½ clove garlic
– Coarse salt or regular salt
– 1 pinch Extra virgin olive oil (110g)
How To Make This Spaghetti Pesto Recipe
1. To prepare spaghetti with pesto you must start with the preparation of pesto. Remove the stalk from the basil leaves, then dry them and set them aside.
2. Now add the garlic with a pinch of coarse salt, then add the basil and blend everything in a food processor until a green cream is created.
3. At this point add the pine nuts and the cheese a little at a time. Finally, add a drizzle of oil. Blend everything until a green and soft cream is created.
4. Add water to a large pot with one tablespoon of salt, when the water starts boiling add the spaghetti.
When the pasta is cooked, drain the spaghetti in a colander and put them in a large bowl.
5. Add the pesto to the spaghetti and stir vigorously (add a little cold oil, so that the spaghetti do not stick together and the sauce does not thicken). Now add a sprinkling of parmesan and serve your spaghetti with pesto. Enjoy!