Try this recipe the meatloaf is so delish! Every time I make this meatloaf recipe it comes out perfect and on top of that it’s easy to make. The meat is juicy and has just the right tenderness, couple it with mashed potatoes and you have a family food bonanza.. I always hope there’s left overs so I can make meatloaf sandwiches for my kids the next day.
There are so many recipe variations of meatloaf around the world, the dish dates back in the roman times (Fifth Century A.D). France, Italy, and Germany have there own version of meatloaf.
However, in the 1800’s America started mixing different kinds of ground meats such as Beef, Veal, Pork and sometimes even Turkey then adding a glaze that coated the meat. Since then it was nicknamed the the American Meatloaf.
– 1 Tbsp Of BBQ Sauce
– 1 Tsp Of Mustard
– 1 Tsp Of Apple Cider (Can Use Vinegar as an Alternative)
– 1 Tbsp Of Honey
– 1 Pound Of Ground Pork
– 1 Tbsp Of Dried Parsley
– 1 Tbsp Of Dried Oregano
– 3/4 Cup Of Bread Crumbs
– 1/2 Cup Of Milk
– 1/2 Onion (Finely Sliced With a Box Cheese Grater)
How To Make The Glaze:
Add all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir until mixed. When the meatloaf glaze is well mixed place in the fridge until the meatloaf is ready. This will also help all the flavors of the glaze blend.
How To Make This Meat Loaf Recipe:
1. Add the ground beef and ground pork with all ingredients above in a medium size mixing bowl and mix it with your hands. Of course make sure you wash you hands before you do this.
The eggs will help the meat stick together and the milk will help keep the meatloaf moist thus making it juicy when it’s cooked.
Make sure you use a box grater to mince the onion, the onion should be almost in a liquid form after grated. Many people chop the onion in small pieces and it’s fine but it sometimes causes the meat loaf to break apart.
2. Take the glass bread mold and lightly spray the inside with pam. Take the meatloaf mix and place it in a glass mold then flatten it with your hands..
3. Cover the top of the baking mold with aluminum foil and place in a preheated oven at (350 degrees F) for exactly 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile take a baking sheet and place an aluminum foil on top and lightly spray it with pam.
5. After 1 hour of baking, take the meatloaf out of the oven and take out the aluminum foil.. You will notice the meatloaf shrunk a little and that’s a good thing cause it can easily get removed from the glass baking mold. Do not shut the oven you will need it after glazing.
6. Scoop up the meatloaf with A long hamburger turner from the glass mold and flip the meatloaf on the baking sheet. Now it’s time to glaze it.
7. Take the homemade glaze you have created from the fridge and slowly pour it over the meatloaf and coat the meatloaf evenly with a food brush. (top and sides)
8. Once you evenly spread the glaze on the meatloaf put it back in the oven for 10 minutes so the glaze can caramelize. Take it out of the oven after 10 minutes and let sit aside at room temperature for 5 minutes. Now It’s Ready To Serve.. Enjoy Your Meal!