This Kung Pao chicken recipe is an authentic Chinese recipe and tastes very much like the Kung Pao dish we eat at Panda Express. It’s delicious and easy to make. The recipe is a little spicy, stir-fried and made with cubes of chicken and vegetables as main ingredients.
Kung Pao originated in the Sichuan province of south western China and is a very popular dish not only in China but around the world..
Kung Pao Chicken Recipe Ingredients
|Ingredients For This Recipe
How To Make Kung Pao Chicken
1. Cut the chicken breast into cube like pieces then put them in a small bowl and add a tablespoon of red wine, a pinch of pepper, pinch of salt, a teaspoon of starch, and stir well and put aside.
2. Dice the cucumber and the two carrots and put them in another bowl and leave aside. Take an empty bowl and add 2 tablespoons of light sauce sauce, 2 tablespoons of red wine, 1 Tablespoon of Sugar, and 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
3. In the same bowl add 1 Tablespoon of starch and Panda Oyster sauce. Finally add a little water (two spoons) and stir well until you see no lumps and set aside.
4. Now cut the dried chili peppers, green onions, ginger, and garlic into small pieces and put them separated in a plate with the Sichuan peppercorn seeds.
1. Put about a 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a wok and start frying the peanuts for about 3 to 5 minutes, then drain the peanuts and put them in a bowl. Pour the chicken in the same oil and fry until done then take out the chicken and put aside..
2. In a different regular medium frying pan add about 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil and heat it up, fry the peppercorn and the chili pepper until fragrant and remove..
3. Add a little more vegetable oil in the same pan and fry a tablespoon of bean Paste for 1 minute then add the ginger, garlic, and 1/2 the green onions and stir. Save the other half of the onions for later.
4. Finally add all the ingredients including the peanuts, sauce and chicken in the same pan and stir while frying for about 5 minutes then add the rest of the green onions. Enjoy your Kung Pao Dish!