This soup is absolutely delicious and easy to make.. Hits the spot especially on those cold winter days. Italians usually serve this soup as an appetizer in a small bowl before the main entree. Best accompanied by toasted bread or garlic bread.
Note: Add the tortellini’s at the very end and let them cook with the soup for 5-8 minutes, you want them al dente (a little soft but not too soft).
Sausage Tortellini Soup Recipe Ingredients
|Ingredients For This Recipe (4 Servings)
How To Make Sausage Tortellini Soup
1. Place a large saucepan on medium and add one tablespoon of olive oil. Then add the Italian sausage and cook for about 5 minutes until browned.
2. Once the meat is browned remove from the saucepan and place into a bowl and set aside.. Then place the saucepan back on the stove on medium heat and add another table spoon of olive oil.
3. Then add the onions and carrots and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, slowly stir the garlic in the saucepan with the carrots and onions and stir for another minute..
4. Pour the chicken broth, canned tomatoes and sausage into the saucepan and stir slowly to combine and blend all the ingredients. Allow the soup to come to a simmer (lightly bubbling). Reduce the heat to low and simmer the soup for 25 minutes.
5. Into the simmering soup add the cheese tortellini and spinach. Mix the ingredients well using a wooden spoon then allow the tortellini to cook for 8 minutes.
6. Taste the soup before serving, add salt and black pepper to your liking. Serve the Italian sausage tortellini soup topped with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy this great hearty soup!