This eggplant recipe has that bitter nutty taste of eggplant combined with the sweet taste of shrimp, it’s a hearty fabulous dish that can be enjoyed at dinner time with the whole family and it’s so easy to make!.. I love the recipe because it’s very versatile..
You can add different types of cheeses, spices and replace the shrimp with meats such as ground beef and lamb. Every time you do it will have a different awesomeness taste to it. Eggplants tend to pair so well with a wide range of ingredients especially the black large eggplants.
Stuffed Eggplant With Shrimp Recipe Ingredients
|Cookware Needed For This Recipe
|Ingredients For 2 Stuffed Eggplants
Stuffed Eggplant With Shrimps (Recipe Instructions)
1. Take the eggplant and slice it in half from top to bottom.. Make two cuts (one horizontal one diagonal) in the pulp of both eggplant halves with a knife but not all the way through. (See Pic)
2. Add all the spices on top of both half eggplants (Greek spice mix, Parsley, Basil, Salt, and Black Pepper). Then about 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil on each half.
3. Rub the spices and olive oil with your hand against the pulp of the eggplant.
4. Place the eggplants on parchment paper (pulp and spices facing up) in a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes at 400 degrees F.
5. Boil the shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes until they get pink.. Drain the water, wait until they cool off and peel their shell. Once you de-shelled them cut each shrimp in 3 to 4 pieces and place them aside in a medium size bowl.
6. When the eggplants are baked take them out and scrape the pulp out leaving the black eggplant shell for the stuffing. Let them cool off a little before you do this. Set aside the baking sheet with black eggplant shells until the filling is done.
7. Put the scraped eggplant pulp on a cutting board and mince it with a knife in small pieces.
8. Add the minced eggplant pulp in the bowl with the shrimp. Then add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tsp of salt, paprika, black pepper, and 30g of fresh arugula (finely chopped). Stir to mix all ingredients.
9. Now add the filling in the eggplant shells and top them with shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees F. Enjoy Your Meal!