This recipe is easy, tasty and most important very healthy.. I made it with assorted vegetables however there are some great meat proteins that pair well with rice paper rolls such as shrimp, smoked salmon and chicken breast. Fresh sliced avocado is also a nice additional ingredient.
Vietnamese rice paper rolls also called “fresh spring rolls” originated in China. As Chinese immigrants settled in Vietnam some of their traditional dishes surfaced.. Rice Paper Rolls was one of the dishes that became a favorite across Vietnam. Great snacks before and after workouts
Rice Paper Rolls Recipe Ingredients
|Cookware Needed For This Recipe
|Ingredients For This Recipe
|Optional Ingredients That Pair Well
How To Make This Rice Paper Rolls Recipe
1. The first thing you want to do is decide which vegetables you would like to put in the rice roll.. for this recipe I chose carrots, garlic, bell peppers, white cabbage and celery.. Cut all vegetables in slices. (See pic below)..
2. Put about 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a wok on medium heat.. You can use a frying pan. Toss in all vegetables one at a time in the pan/wok starting with the chopped garlic cloves and stir. Mix and sauté all the vegetables until they are soft but still hard and crunchy. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper and set aside in a bowl.
3. Now take the rice noodles and let them soak in warm water for 10 minutes. The rice noodles will get nice and soft. After ten minutes place the rice noodles on a cutting board and cut it accordingly to fit the rice roll.
4. Toss the rice noodles with a tablespoon of soy sauce in the bowl with the cooked vegetables and stir until all ingredients are well mixed.
5. Time to make the rice paper rolls.. Drench one rice paper roll in room temperature water then place the paper roll on a plate and put the amount of vegetable filling you desire in the center..
6. See video above on how to make the rice roll..
7. Once you made the rice roll.. Cook both sides of the rice roll in vegetable oil for 30 seconds. Enjoy!.