Very similar to Panettone, this Italian sweet easter pizza is a classic recipe that many around the world enjoy on Easter breakfast or dessert.. The anise seeds give it that sweet aroma that is so reminiscent of Easter..
In this recipe I used Sultana raisins but many bake it with candied raisins and a little rum.. Just like panettone the sweet bread is delicious with a dark brown surface and usually eaten alone accompanied with any breakfast meal, personally I love to dip it in my coffee, milk, or hot chocolate..
The classic traditional shape is a round oval shape like a loaf of bread however many today bake it in a panettone mold with candied raisins and various sweet icings.. “Pizza Dolce Di Pasqua” in english means “Easter Sweet Pizza”
1. In this recipe making the dough get’s a little tricky, you want to achieve a fluffy yet hearty inside dough texture with a dark brown surface.. Pour 135g of water in a mixing bowl, then add the brewers yeast and sugar. Mix a little then add 135g of flour and mix well with a spoon. Cover with a plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
2. After 30 minutes pour the dough in a new bowl, add 50g of milk, sugar (150g), 1 egg and 60g of sunflower oil. Mix with a spatula and at the same time add flour a little at a time until it starts forming into a dough.
3. Once it starts forming into a dough toss it on a clean surface lightly sprinkled with flour to prevent it from sticking..
4. Knead the dough for a couple of minutes then spread it a little and sprinkle 10g of anise seeds on it.. Continue kneading to mix the aniseeds through out the dough. Do the same with the raisins.
5. Once the anise seeds and raisins are well mixed into the dough form into a ball and place it a clean mixing bowl. Let it rise for 3 hours.
6. Ok you are almost done! After 3 hours place the Pizza di Pasqua dough on a clean surface, knead a little and form it into an oval shape like a loaf of bread, then place it on a parchment paper in a baking sheet and let it rise for another 2 hours. Then bake for 35 minutes at (350 degrees F). Enjoy!
You May Also Like
Related Food & Recipe Posts For Pizza Dolce Di Pasqua