4 to 6 Inch Bowl (To cut a circle in the dough to make the Jamaican Patty)
Ingredients For The Dough
4 Cups Of All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Of Butter Cold
Salt (1 Tsp)
Sugar (2 Tsp)
Water (14 Tbsp)
Ingredients For The Beef Patty Filling
1/4 Cup Of Chopped Green Onions
2 Cloves Of Garlic Finely Chopped
Vegetable Oil (1Tbsp)
1/2 Cup Of Chopped Onions
1 Scotch Bonnet Seeded Finely Diced
1 Pound Of Ground Beef
1/4 Cup Of Unseasoned Breadcrumbs
Thyme (1/4 Tsp)
Curry Powder (1 Tsp)
All Spice (1/2 Tsp)
Paprika (1/2 Tsp)
1 Dry Stock Cube Of Beef
Water (2 Tbsp)
Salt To Taste
How To Make Jamaican Beef Patties
1. Start off by making the patty dough, simply add the flour in a mixing bowl, then add cold butter, turmeric, salt, sugar and slowly mix with your hand by squishing up and down..
2. When the dough and butter is well mixed it will turn into a golden yellowish color with a crumby texture.. Start adding water slowly and continue mixing with your hand..
3. The water will bind the ingredients and will form into a dough.. Finally shape the dough into a ball place plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Preparing The Beef Filling: Pour the vegetable oil in a frying pan at medium high heat, add onions, garlic, scotch bonnet diced, green onions and stir fry mix.. after 1 minute add 1 pound of ground beef and stir fry for another minute..
5. Add 1/4 cup of unseasoned breadcrumbs, thyme, curry powder, allspice, paprika, 1 dry beef stock cube and 2 tablespoons of water.. Stir fry well until the meat is brown, add salt to taste.
6. Take the patty dough from the fridge and roll it on a clean surface.. Take a 4 inch to 6 inch mixing bowl and pierce circles into the laid out dough to make your Jamaican patties.
7. Take each circle of dough and place one or two table spoons of beef filling in the center.. Make sure theres enough space all around to fold and seal the patty.
8. Close the patty and seal the edges with a fork.. (See Pic Below)
9. Voila! You just made delicious Jamaican Beef Patties… Place the patties on parchment paper in a baking sheet.. Beat an egg in a cup with a little water and brush lightly on each Jamaican patty. Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
You May Also Like
Related Food & Recipe Posts For Jamaican Beef Patties