One of the best BBQ Chicken wings I’ve tasted and the recipe is easy. The chicken wings is covered with a flour recipe that enhances the perfect crispiness in every bite. The BBQ sauce has a combination of juicy sweet, sour and tangy flavors just like they make them in some favorite restaurants.
A great dish for sport nights with friends, birthday parties and family get togethers also make great appetizers. BBQ chicken wings originated in New York in the early 1960’s and since then spread like wild fire across the nation and worldwide.
Early 60’s chicken wings were originally cooked in hot sauce. By the late 1960’s they started adding ketchup, chili paste, honey and brown sugar and “BBQ sauce” was
born. During this time in Buffalo, chicken wings were showing up in restaurant menu’s but served differently. The wings were cut in 2 pieces (drumstick and wing) then deep fried, glazed with BBQ sauce then served with celery sticks and complimentary blue cheese dip thus “Buffalo Wings” were born.
1. First cut the wings in two between the joint of the drumstick and the wing.
2. Put all the buffalo wings in a mixing bowl, add black pepper, salt, red chili powder, grated ginger, grated garlic and give it a good mix and set aside.
3. Time to prepare the flour, put the flour in mixing bowl, then add cornstarch, red chili powder, paprika, mixed herbs, black pepper and mix it with a whisk.
4. Now dip every wing and drumstick in the flour mix until it’s well coated and place them one by one on a clean surface.
5. Deep fry chicken until golden brown, when done put the chicken wings in a bowl and set aside to make the BBQ sauce.
6. On medium low heat pour a cup of BBQ sauce in a pan, then add chili sauce or (paste), with a 1/4 cup of honey.. Stir for about 3 or 4 minutes. You want the sauce very hot but do not make the sauce boil.
7. Pour the sauce on the cooked chicken wings and mix until the sauce is well coated on the wings. Congratulations! You just made great chicken wings like a star chef! Enjoy! 👌