The trick to making a great Rigatoni Fiorentina Dish is adding the right amount of rigatoni’s to the sauce. When too much rigatoni is added to the sauce the rigatoni with the cheese gets pasty, gummy, and sticky. Let the sauce flow through the Rigatoni’s.
Rigatoni Fiorentina Recipe Ingredients
| Cookware Needed For This Recipe
| Ingredients For This Recipe
How To Make This Rigatoni Fiorentina Recipe
1. Cooking The Rigatoni: Start by Boiling water and adding a tablespoon of salt.. When boiling add the rigatoni’s for about 10 minutes and taste for hardness. Rigatoni’s should be al dente meaning a little hard or not too soft.
2. When Rigatoni’s are done to your liking drain the water in a colander and let the rigatoni’s sit until the sauce is ready. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the rigatoni’s and mix gently so they don’t get stuck together.
3. Preparing The Sauce: Pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium nonstick pan and heat.. Cut about 5 Baby Bella mushrooms into slices and sauté them in the oil until the mushrooms absorb all the oil (about 2 to 3 minutes). Then remove them and place in a small bowl.
4. In the same pan pour another 3 tablespoons of olive oil and fry the chicken cubes until there’s no more pink in the middle.. Don’t over fry the chicken. When the chicken is done take them out and put them in the bowl with the mushrooms.
5. In the same pan add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the chopped garlic and mushrooms for about 1 minute. Then add 1 1/2 cups of tomato sauce and stir slowly until sauce is slightly boiling.. Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream slowly and keep on stirring slowly. (Add more cream or less to your liking)
6. Add the chicken and mushrooms to the sauce and reduce to medium heat and let cook for about 5 minutes. Then add a pinch of salt, taste and add more if needed.
7. Now take the Rigatoni’s one scoop at a time and put them in the pan with the rose sauce, they don’t have to all fit.. Put enough rigatoni’s but not too much, you want to see the sauce flow. Slowly stir the rigatoni’s in the sauce and you are done.. Time to Plate.
8. Plate the desired amount of rigatoni’s with sauce you want in a plate, garnish with fresh parsley, basil, or spinach.. Then sprinkle some shredded mozzarella and parmesan. Enjoy Your Meal 🙂