Here’s an easy Falafel recipe that is delicious!.. To sum it all up take a handful of chickpeas, soak them for about 12 hours, & grind them down. Mix everything up with fresh parsley, some scallions, and a bit of garlic (finely chopped), then put some small spices in for good measure.
Roll this prepared mixture up into small balls, fry them, & you get falafel. Simple and extremely cheap to cook – no wonder that yummy falafel is such a famous food dish today. These vegetable falafels are amongst the most popular croquettes in the world. On top of their deliciousness they are very healthy and make good snack for meat and vegan eaters.
1. Put 1 cup of dry garbanzo beans (Chickpeas) in a mixing bowl then add cool water and let soak for 12 to 24 hours. Idea to do this the day before you plan to make the falafels.
2. Drain the peas and leave them in the bowl. Chop the onion, fresh parsley, and garlic in small pieces and add them to the chickpeas. Then add the coriander, baking soda, flour, cayenne pepper, black pepper and a pinch of salt with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.. Give all the ingredients a little mix with a spoon, now the falafel filling is done you just need to blend it.
3. Put the falafel filling in a food processor then start to mix on pulse. Remove from food processor then use an immersion blender to refine the texture. Note: Depends what cookware you have some immersion blenders can do both.
4. Final mix should look like this (see pic below). When you are done place the falafel filling in a bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
5. After 1 or 2 hours take the falafel filling out of the fridge and start making balls with your hands.. place them in a plate or on a clean surface until you are finished.
6. Deep fry for 5 minutes at 175 degrees F. Congratulations! You made great Falafel croquettes.. Enjoy!