The word Tiramisù actually means “pick me up”. Tiramisu is one of the most loved and well-known Italian desserts eaten with a spoon. It is the fifth most acknowledged Italian word amongst all Europeans, and this word appears in the vocabulary of as many as 23 different languages of the world..
For this Tiramisu recipe I used a small jar for one person.. You can use lovely looking cups too or you can increase the quantity of ingredients, layer them in a glass baking pan to make a Tiramisu cake. This is how we make a traditional tiramisu dessert in Italy. Usually served after a main course meal in cups or in the form of a cake.
1. Put five egg yolks in a mixing bowl, add 150 grams of sugar and beat with a hand mixer until fluffy and creamy (About 5 Minutes).2. Then add 250 grams of Mascarpone cheese and mix with a whisk until ingredients are well blended..
(Do not substitute this ingredient with anything else, mascarpone pairs extremely well in this recipe, some people add cream cheese, sour cream or ricotta. It will not taste the same)
3. Now add fresh cream in another bowl and beat with the hand mixer until it becomes whip cream.. Then add the whip cream to the the mascarpone batter and mix it well with a whisk.
4. You should see a beautiful flavorful creamy texture that is so inviting to eyes.. Taste is to die for.
5. Take the Savoiardi biscuits and dip them in cold espresso coffee, make sure the coffee is not hot you don’t want to have mushy biscuits falling apart.
6. Now you can start layering the biscuits and cream to make a tiramisu dessert.. Take a dessert cup or little jar and start by placing the biscuits first.. Break them into smaller pieces to fit, then put a layer of cream and repeat the process until the top layer is cream.
7. Sprinkle with bitter cocoa powder or even nestle chocolate powder and you just created one of the most popular desserts in the world. Congratulations and enjoy!