Coming up with ideas for sweets for their kids birthday is nothing less than a challenge for parents and we know that. That is why we made this recipe. While you want the table full of simple kid’s birthday food classics like chicken nuggets, pizza, meatballs, mac and cheese, or meatballs.. Mini cupcakes always steal the show.
Kid’s tend to love these little sweet muffins. Here’s a mini cupcake recipe that looks adorable, tastes great and is sure to please both parents and their child. Not too sweet, moist with a hint of vanilla and almond flavor. We have made some cute cupcake frosting decorations, feel free to use your own frosting designs.
Mini Cupcake Recipe Ingredients
|Cookware Needed For This Recipe
|Ingredients For The Mini Muffin
|Ingredients For The Frosting
How To Make These Mini Cupcakes
1. First let’s start by making the mini muffins. Pour 1 cup of softened butter in a mixing bowl, add 1 cup of sugar and 2 eggs.. Then mix with a hand mixer until ingredients are well blended. Add 2 tablespoons of milk and continue blending with the hand mixer.
2. Add 1 2/3 cup of all purpose flour preferably through a sifter to avoid lumps, then add 1 teaspoon of baking powder and continue mixing with a spoon until the muffin batter has a creamy texture.
3. Add 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract and and 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract. Continue to mix with a spoon or spatula until all blended.
4. The muffin batter is done, it’s time to bake! Place the cupcake cups in the baking pan and fill up the cups with the muffin batter. Bake at (350 degrees F) for about 16 to 18 minutes.
5. Add 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 3 tablespoons of cream and mix with a spoon or spatula until it forms a thick creamy texture. Then add a few drops of dye (color of your choosing).
6. Continue mixing the frosting batter until the color of the dye is well blended in.. Pour the frosting batter in a piping bag with your desired tip. Happy decorating! Once you made your first mini cupcakes I can reassure you that you will love to make more and they will only get better!