Syrniki (tvorozhniki) cheese pancakes also know as “Russian Cheesecakes” is a very popular dish in Serbian & Russian cuisine.. As these tasty pillowy cheese pancakes gained popularity in the regions of Ukraine and Latvia, they were introduced in Eastern Europe and soon after gained recognition through out the world.
Traditional Syrniki in Russia is usually made with curd cheese, quark, farmers cheese or cottage cheese. In this recipe I used cottage cheese. It’s a great dish to serve at breakfast, or even dessert which can be topped with a wide variety of toppings such as honey, chocolate, fruits, ice cream, and sour cream. They look like little fluffy spheres and have a slightly sweet mellow cheesy taste.. Delish!.
Syrniki Cheese Pancakes Recipe Ingredients
|Ingredients For This Recipe|
How To Make Syrniki Pancakes
1. Pour 500g of cottage cheese in a mixing bowl, add 1 egg with a pinch of salt, then add 1.5 Tbsp of sugar, 3 Tbsp of semolina and finally 2 Tbsp of starch.
2. Mix until all ingredients are blended, should form into a cheesy dough like texture. Tear a palm size piece from the cheesy dough and start forming balls.
3. Take each cheese ball and flatten them a little with a spatula to make them look like small pillowy pancakes.
4. Add 3 tbsp of unsalted butter in a frying pan over medium/high heat and cook each side of the Syrniki pancake until golden brown.
5. Reduce heat to low, place a lid over pan and let simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes the Syrniki cheese pancakes are ready to be served.. Choose your topping and Enjoy!