For this Creme Brulee recipe I made the classic Creme Brulee version with brown sugar burned on the surface however you can use different flavors on top of the Creme Brulee like chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. Served in cups is very popular but can also be served as a cake.
This traditional custard dessert usually consists of egg yolks, cream, bit of sugar, & vanilla, with a hard toffee crust. This tasty combination is then cooked, transferred into small ramekins, poached in a bain-marie, and then well chilled. A very satisfying dessert and delicious!
Classic Creme Brulee Recipe Ingredients
|Cookware For This Recipe
|Ingredients For This Recipe
How To Make This Creme Brulee Dessert
1. Put 5 egg yolks in a mixing bowl, then add the sugar and stir with a whisk until creamy.
2. Pour the milk and fresh cream in a saucepan.. Now you have to split the vanilla pod. You do this by slicing the pod lengthwise through the center.. Then run you knife along the edges to remove the seeds. You can see this video on how to split a vanilla pod.
3. Once you have removed the seeds on the vanilla pod put them in the saucepan with the milk and cream along with the rest of the vanilla pod..
4. Heat the cream to 150 degrees F.. DO NOT BOIL. Once the cream has a temperature of 150 degrees F add it to the eggs and sugar a little at a time. Whisk until well mixed.
5. Set your baking dessert cups apart on a table and fill them up with the creame brulee cream leaving a space at the top for the toppings.
6. Now line the Creme Brulee cups up in a baking pan and add water half way into the pan.. This is called steam bath a common technic used to bake..
7. Once you added the water in the pan cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees F. After 35 minutes baking take them out of the oven, the Creme Brulee desserts are done.
8. For the topping you can decide to use different flavors, in this recipe I used brown sugar and flamed it simply by adding brown sugar on the top and cooking it with a cooking torch. Congratulation! 😁You made a great dessert! Enjoy!