This is by far one of the best chocolate cakes I tasted.. It’s so moist and hearty, you get an explosion of chocolate bliss in every bite, it’s definitely a chocolate lovers dream cake.
Note: This chocolate cake recipe has 3 layers of chocolate pancakes stacked on top of each other, in the video I show you how to make the layer of chocolate pancake in a baking pan. I suggest you bake all three at the same time with three baking pans. You can do it with one baking pan but it will take you much longer.
Chocolate Cake Recipe Ingredients
|Cookware Needed For This Recipe|
|Ingredients For The 3 Layer Chocolate Pancakes|
|Ingredients For The Chocolate Frosting Spread|
How To Make A Moist Chocolate Cake
1. Let’s start by making the three layers of the chocolate cake.. Butter 3 baking pans and add cocoa powder on all three.. Spread it by rotating the pan left to right and so on… Put enough cocoa powder to make a thin layer that covers the bottom of the pan. Set the baking pans aside for later.
2. In a mixing bowl add 3 cups of flour, 3 cups of granulated sugar, 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 tsp of salt and mix it with a whisk..
3. Then add 4 large eggs, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, 1 1/2 cups of buttermilk, 1 1/2 cups of warm water and start mixing it with a hand held mixer until the chocolate batter forms into a creamy chocolate texture.
4. Once the chocolate batter is nice and creamy scoop it with a ladle or large spoon and place it in the baking pans with the cocoa powder. You should have enough for three layers.
5. Bake all 3 layers at (350 degrees F) for 35 minutes. While the chocolate layers are baking you can start to prepare the chocolate frosting cream..
6. Add 8oz of cream cheese in a mixing bowl, 1 1/2 cups of soft butter and mix with a hand held mixer.. Add 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened cocoa and mix again. Then add about 1/4 cup of milk and continue mixing.. Finally add 7 to 8 cups of powdered sugar and mix with a spatula or spoon until it forms into a thick frost like cream.
7. After 35 minutes take out the chocolate layers from the oven and let them cool for 15 minutes on a clean surface. Now you can start layering the chocolate cake.
8. Add the first layer of chocolate frosting.
9. Then the second and third layer.. With a spatula cover the whole cake with the rest of the cream frosting.. Congratulations! You just made a great moist chocolate cake that your family will love and enjoy.