I had to make this polenta recipe before I posted, I couldn’t resist.. Let me tell you that it’s just crazy delicious! These polenta chips are great appetizers for any occasion and on top of they are easy to prepare.
The origins of polenta (corn flour) lie in the picturesque northern Italian countryside but historical records show that its earlier versions had been popular in the entire Italian region since the Roman days… Mostly referred to as ‘Italian grits’, polenta comprises of a coarse, stone-grinded cornmeal, giving it the signature grainy texture.
Polenta Chips Recipe Ingredients
|Cookware Needed For This Recipe|
|Ingredients For This Recipe|
How To Make Polenta Chips
1. Cooking the polenta is the most important part in this recipe, it can be a little tricky.. To cook the perfect polenta bring water to a boil in a saucepan and add the polenta in slowly with one hand while whisking steadily with the other until there’s no lumps.
2. Turn the heat to low and continue stirring the polenta for 2 minutes slowly with a whisk.. Do not make it boil. Put a lid on the saucepan and let simmer for 30 minutes stirring every 5 minutes for about 30 seconds.
3. After 30 minutes it should be ready, pour the polenta on a baking sheet then spread it out evenly with a spatula and cover with parchment paper.
4. Let the polenta rest in the fridge for two hours.
5. After two hours, take the polenta out of the fridge and cut it into rectangular strips.
6. Pour oil into a frying pan (fill half way) on high heat.. When the oil is hot, take the polenta chips and start deep frying (6 or 7 strips at a time) until golden brown..
7. When golden brown remove and place them on a scott towel over a plate to drain excess oil.
8. When the polenta chips cool off to room temperature place them in a plate and season with coarse salt and rosemary.. Enjoy! They are tasty, crunchy and everything you would like in a snack or appetizer! Often paired with a simple tomato sauce or marinara sauce for a dip.