Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside totally describes this fried chicken dish if done right. The buttermilk coating gives it that softness and the batter mix the crunchiness in every bite. It’s delicious!
In this chicken paprika recipe with buttermilk we used chicken thighs, however you can use chicken breast , drumsticks or even chicken wings if you like.. Enjoy making it, it’s a fairly easy recipe to make and worth it. 😋
Fried chicken dishes are hearty, simple, & satisfying, chicken paprika and fried chicken are one of US best-known dishes. Praised by many chefs as “one of the world’s great peasant food dishes,” fried chicken is believed to date back at least a couple of centuries.
Buttermilk Fried Chicken Paprika Ingredients
|Cookware Needed For This Recipe|
|Ingredients For Spice Mix To Glaze The Chicken|
|Ingredients For The Buttermilk Marinade|
|Ingredients To Bread The Chicken|
How To Make Fried Chicken Paprika With Buttermilk
1. Cut the chicken breast or thighs to your desired size.. Place plastic wrap over the chicken and tenderize them with a meat tenderizer. By doing this you are softening the fibers in the chicken meat, it will give it that extra tenderness and juiciness.
2. Now to prepare the spice mix glaze mix simply take a small bowl and add cayenne pepper, coriander powder, smoked paprika, salt, garlic salt, onion powder, white pepper, brown sugar and mix.
3. Glaze the chicken breasts/thighs with the spice mix on both sides, use your hands.. Rub it in gently. Important Note: keep 1/2 cup of spice mix for later.
4. To prepare the buttermilk marinade.. Pour 1 cup of buttermilk in a mixing bowl, add 2 eggs, a teaspoon of salt with 2 bay leafs and stir mix until eggs and all ingredients are well blended.
5. Place and soak all the chicken pieces in the buttermilk mix cover with a plastic wrap then refrigerate to marinate for at least 2 hours.. For best results leave overnight.
6. To prepare the breaded batter to deep fry the chicken pour 1 cup of all purpose flour into a mixing bowl, add 3/4 cup of cornflour, add 1/2 cup of spice mix that you set aside and 1 teaspoon of baking powder. Stir mix it well.
7. To start deep frying.. Take the marinated buttermilk chicken from the fridge, dip each chicken piece in the breaded batter.. Flip on both sides making sure the batter coats the chicken well.. Then place every piece aside on a clean surface ready to fry.
8. Place oil in a frying pan (half full) on high heat.. Wait until the oil heats up to (340 degrees F), cook the chicken until golden brown. Enjoy! It’s delicious!