The filling of an egg roll is mostly up to the cook’s interpretation, but there are some basic guidelines. Because egg rolls have much thicker wrappers, it’s essential to fill them with ingredients that can stand up to it in terms of both texture and their flavor. That is why, unlike spring rolls, delicious egg rolls always have cooked fillings, & almost always have meat.
In this egg rolls recipe I used ground beef, it can be substituted with ground pork, chicken or veal. Egg Rolls make great appetizers and are great for on the go lunch fillers. I love to put a couple of egg rolls in my kids lunch boxes whenever I make them. They love them!
Chinese Egg Rolls Recipe Ingredients
|Cookware Needed For This Recipe|
|Ingredients For This Recipe|
How To Make This Egg Rolls Recipe
1. Start by placing all your ingredients in small and medium bowls.. Chop the garlic, white cabbage, ginger, red cabbage, and carrots.. Also, fry an egg and chop into small pieces. Separate the ground beef in a bowl too. You can add the carrots and both cabbages in one bowl (mix them with your hands).
2. Put about 3 tbsp of vegetable in a frying pan on high heat and saute the garlic and ginger for about 30 seconds. Then add the ground beef, with a pinch of black pepper, 2 Tbsp of soy sauce and cook until meat is cooked.
4. Once the meat is done put it in a bowl and add the chopped eggs, carrots, cabbage, sesame oil and 1 tbsp of corn starch. Mix it well and the egg roll filling is done..
5. Now you can start making your egg roll.. Place 2 tablespoons of filling in the center of the egg roll wrapper. Wet the edges of wrapper with your finger so it sticks when you fold..
6. Fold the two sides..
7. Then the bottom..
8. Then roll it to make an egg roll..
9. Deep fry for 8 minutes until golden brown.. Enjoy your egg rolls!