A traditional Easter bread cake that is popular not only in Italy but world wide.. Known in Italy as “Torta Di Pasqua” Or “Pizza Di Pasqua” Or some call it “Torta Al Formaggio”. The recipe dates way back to the middle ages when nuns would bake this bread cake on Good Friday and serve it on Easter
holiday. This is a typical classic recipe of Torta Di Pasqua.. It is delicious and usually eaten on Easter breakfast or as an appetizer sliced in bread like pieces and paired with cold cuts and olives on the side before Easter dinner.
It has a salty sweet hearty taste, the flavors of the cheese are welcoming but not overpowering. The home scent and taste of this great dish is nothing but Easter.. A true classic delicious homemade Easter dish recipe that can be enjoyed with the whole family.
Torta Di Pasqua Recipe Ingredients
|Cookware Needed For This Recipe|
|Ingredients For This Recipe|
How To Make Torta Di Pasqua
1. Flour Mix: Pour both flours in a mixing bowl, add the sugar with the yeast, mix with a spoon and set aside..
2. Torta Batter: In a different bowl pour 250g of warm milk, add 2 whole eggs with 7g of salt, then beat with a whisk for about 30 seconds.. Add 80g of vegetable oil and mix again with a whisk for another 30 seconds. Add the grated pecorino romano cheese and the parmigiano cheese.. Whisk for another 30 seconds.
3. Once the Torta batter ingredients are blended add the flour mix a little at a time while whisking.. When the texture starts getting thicker you can start using a spatula. When it starts forming into a dough place it on a clean surface with a little flour.. Should be ready to knead.
4. When you are finished kneading the dough, form it into a ball and place it in a mixing bowl.. Cut an X into the dough about 1 inch deep, place a plastic wrap on the bowl and let it rise for 3 hours…
5. After 3 hours you will notice that the dough has tripled in size.. Place the dough again on a clean surface lightly sprinkled with flour and knead again for about 30 seconds.. Form it into a ball and place it into the baking mold, let it rise for another hour in the baking mold. The dough will double in size.
6. The final product should look like this before baking.. (See Pic Below). Place in the oven at (340 degrees F) for 35 minutes..
7. After 35 minutes take the Torta Di Pasqua out of the oven and let it cool down for 1 hour.. Enjoy this great Easter treat!