This easy traditional Easter recipe is an excellent way to feed relatives & friends at the weekend. Roasting lamb chops is much more effortless than juggling multiple frying pans & takes the hassle out of achieving perfectly-cooked lamb every time.
Lamb chops with potatoes are typically bone-in meat chops, usually cut from the shoulder, sirloin, or rib of the animal. These are all loaded with delicious flavors, tender, & cook very quickly, typically under 15 minutes depending on the meat thickness.
The lamb chops are also much more affordable than a rack of lamb, & much simpler to make if you are looking for a more casual food meal.
Lamb Chops & Potatoes Recipe Ingredients
|Ingredients For This Recipe|
How To Make Roasted Lamb Chops With Potatoes
1. Take the lamb chops and line them up in a baking pan, spread 3-4 whole garlic cloves between or on top of the lamb chops. Add 2-3 pinches of salt and pepper. Turn over the lamb chops and do the same.
2. Add 80g of white wine (about 1 cup), then spread about 2 tablespoons of extra olive oil on the lamb chops.. Mix the lamb chops with your hands then place 2 or 3 stems of rosemary and 4 bay leaves on top of the meat. Put a plastic wrap over the it and marinate for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
3. It’s time to cut the potatoes.. Take each potato and cut them in quarter moon shapes not too big and not too small. (see pic) Don’t need to peel them but if you don’t eat them with the peel you can peel them.
4. Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl and add salt, pepper and about two tablespoons of olive oil. Mix them with your hands or a spoon.
5. Once the lamb chops are finished marinating, take them out of the fridge.. Place the potatoes in another baking pan and add the lamb chops.
6. Place in the oven and cook at (350 degrees F) for about 35 to 40 minutes. A simple dish with big flavor! Enjoy!