In this video you will learn how to make French crepes starting from scratch with the crepes batter.. Many people have their own variations however from my experience I can tell you with confidence that this recipe is used in many 5 star restaurants both in Italy and France. I also added 4 classic crepes filling recipes (2 Italian and 2 French) they are extremely popular in Europe..
In Paris (France) the French crepes Suzette and the Parisian Ham & Cheese crepes are some tourist favorites, and in Rome people love the Nutella Crepes and Meat & Cheese Manicotti style crepes.. Hope you enjoy eating them, any questions feel free to comment below.
How To Make The Crepes Batter
|Ingredients For The Crepes Batter|
- Flour (250g)
- Milk (300g)
- Water (200g)
- 2 Eggs
- Sunflower Oil (20g)
- Pinch Of Salt
1. Start off by adding the milk in a mixing bowl, then add 2 whole eggs and whisk.. While whisking slowly add the water, sunflower oil then add the flour through a sifter always a little at a time while whisking the batter. Finally add a pinch of salt, whisk a little more then put the crepes batter in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. After 30 minutes in the fridge the batter should be nice and creamy.. Place a scoop of batter in a greased hot pan and gently move the pan until the batter covers the bottom of the pan. When you see the edges of the batter harden flip over the crepe with a large spatula or pancake turner and cook the other side.
|Ingredients For The Classic Nutella Crepes|
- Salted Crushed Pistachios
- Dried Blueberries & Cranberries
|Ingredients For The Parisian Ham & Cheese Crepes|
- Fresh Baked Ham
- Gruyere Cheese (Can Be Substituted With Swiss Cheese)
|Ingredients For The Crepes Suzette|
- Sugar (70g)
- Lemon Juice
- Orange Juice
- Orange Zest
- Butter (40g)
- Grand Marnier (30g)
|Ingredients For Crepes Meat Sauce Manicotti Style|
- Bolognese Sauce (Meat Sauce)
- Grated Parmigiano