My Oh My! Made these cheese balls this week and let me tell you they are irresistible and so addictive.. It’s everything you want in a cheese croquette.. The cheese ball has a crispy outer shell and as you bite into it you get that heartiness texture of the mashed potatoes followed by a flavorful creamy taste of the melted mozzarella and parmesan combined.
It’s a great recipe to know because it’s so versatile.. This potato cheese ball recipe is with mozzarella and parmesan however you can make them with your favorite cheeses..
You can add little cubes of ham, vegetables like green peas & carrots or shredded chicken. It’s one of my favorite appetizers to serve when family & friends come over. Also a great treat on kid’s birthdays, children totally love croquettes especially cheese balls..
Potato Cheese Balls Recipe Ingredients
|Cookware Needed For This Recipe|
|Ingredients For This Recipe|
Note: Quantities above are estimates. Some people like to add more cheese in their cheese balls and some less.. Start off by making your first cheese balls, eventually you will get them perfect catered to your desire.
How To Make Potato Cheese Balls
1. Peel the desired amount of potatoes you want to use and cut each potato in half.. If it’s your first time making this recipe I suggest you start off with 6-7 potatoes.. After peeling them soak them in cold water for about 5 minutes to remove excess starch.
2. After soaking the potatoes place them in a pot with water and boil them on high heat until they are cooked. Potatoes are cooked when you can easily pierce them with a toothpick or fork.
3. While potatoes are boiling take the opportunity to prepare all ingredients.
– Cut the mozzarella in small cubes then set aside.
– Put 2 cups of breadcrumbs in a plate add a tablespoon of paprika, black pepper.. Mix and set aside.
– Crack three whole eggs in a mixing bowl mix them and set aside.
– Finally put 1/2 a cup of flower in a plate and set aside.
4. When the potatoes are cooked drain the water and let them settle until they get to room temperature. Once they cool off take each potato and shred them in a mixing bowl with a cheese grater.
5. When you are finished shredding the potatoes. Grate the parmesan cheese over it, add black pepper and a pinch of salt and start mashing the potatoes with the added ingredients. You can do this with a spatula or potato masher.
6. Once the potatoes are mashed with the cheese start making small balls with your hands (desired size), make a hole in the middle of the potato ball with your finger and place a mozzarella cube.. Then close the potato ball by rolling it with your hands again.
7. When all your potato balls are done, place them on a clean surface or cutting board.. It’s time to deep fry them. Add oil in a iron pot on high heat..
8. Before you fry them, follow these steps to make the outer shell of each potato ball.
1. Cover it with flour..
2. Soak It In the eggs
3. Cover it with the breadcrumbs
4. Soak it back into the eggs
5. Cover again with breadcrumbs.
9. Fry at (350 degrees F) for about 4-5 minutes or until crispy golden brown.. Enjoy these cheesy tasty potato croquettes with friends and family!