You can’t get a more traditional red velvet cupcake recipe than this.. They are beautiful and more importantly they are mouth watering, moist and delicious! In this recipe I added red dye, cocoa and buttermilk to the muffin to give it that hearty moistness and burgundy red velvet color… I also did 3 cream cheese frosting toppings that are creamy and insanely delicious..
1. Pink Sweet Cheese Cream Frosting: (Fresh Cream, Philadelphia Cheese & Cherry Syrup)
2. Nutella Cream Frosting: (Mascarpone and Nutella)
3. Simple Butter Cream Frosting; (Butter, Powdered Sugar)
Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipes
|Ingredients For The Red Velvet Muffin|
1. Prepare all your ingredients in bowls, being organized is all part of being a good cook or baker.
2. In a mixing bowl add the butter, then add half the sugar.. Mix it with a hand mixer until blended then add 1 whole egg, 1 egg yolk and the rest of the sugar.. Continue mixing until all ingredients are blended, add the cocoa powder and 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla powder.. Mix until it becomes thick, smooth and creamy.
3. In a separate little bowl add the buttermilk, red dye and mix with a spoon.
4. Once the red dye is mixed with the buttermilk pour it into the red velvet muffin batter. Continue mixing with the hand held mixer then add the baking powder and flour slowly while always mixing. The end result will be a thick creamy burgundy colored muffin batter.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at (350 degrees F) for 15 minutes. The muffins will rise with a moist soft texture and ready to be frosted.
3 Red Velvet Frosting Recipes
|Ingredients For The Buttermilk Cream Frosting|
|Ingredients For The Pink Sweet Cheese Cream Frosting|
1. This frosting is so yummy and one of my favorite frostings for any cake.. Add fresh cream, Philadelphia cheese and powdered sugar in a bowl and mix with a hand mixer. Add a tablespoon of black berry syrup and stir.. You should get a rose colored cream, top it with more syrup and a black cherry.
|Ingredients For The Nutella Cream Frosting|
1. This frosting recipe is delicious and easy.. Mix the Mascarpone cheese with the Nutella until creamy. Frost the muffin with a starred tip pipe and top it with crushed salted pistachios.