To my surprise these bruschetta’s are so easy to make but yet utterly delicious.. A good example of “less is more”. The restaurant serves not more than 4 bruschetta’s to a guest unless they ask for more.
The small toasted breads with toppings are usually served as appetizers before a main course meal and sometimes they are served before appetizers with hors d’oeuvres. They are great tasty snacks to serve while people are having their cocktails and mingling with friends.
Tips On How To Make The Best Bruschetta
1. Do not use too many ingredients for the topping, instead focus on using a few ingredients that pair well together. Sometimes one ingredient is all you need.
2. Use homemade bread they tend to be more dense with a thicker crust.. When grilled they have the right crunchiness outside and softness inside. You can buy good homemade bread at most local Italian Bakeries.
3. Do not leave the toppings on the bread for a long time especially tomatoes and olive oil, this will make the bread mushy. Instead, leave the bruschetta topping apart and when ready to be plated and served you place the topping on the toasted bread.
4. Bruschetta bread tastes best when grilled however sometimes toasting the bread in the oven is needed when we have to make them in big quantities.
9 Different Bruschetta Recipe Ideas
1. Bruschetta With Chick Peas Paste & Caramelized Onions
Add a can of chick peas in a mixing bowl with a generous pinch of salt, then add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil with lemon zest. Mix with an Immersion mixer or food processor until it becomes a paste (pate). Spread the chick peas pate on top of the bruschetta then add 1 to 4 caramelized onions.
2. Bruschetta With Ricotta Cheese & Chili Jam
Spread the ricotta cheese on top of the bruschetta and drizzle some chili jam on it, so delicious!
3. Classic Bruschetta With Tomatoes
Chop 3 round tomatoes into small little cubes, add a pinch of salt with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and mix well.. Place the tomato topping on the bruschetta. You can add a teaspoon of finely chopped garlic and fresh basil they are great additions to this recipe. If you have a cheese lover in the house add shredded mozzarella.
Pate Pastes That Pair Well With Bruschetta.
Spread the pates on the grilled or toasted bruschetta breads and drizzle some olive oil on them..